"Knedliky Etc" has recently relauched as "Dobrou Chut'!"

You should be automatically redirected in a second or two. If not, please go to
http://dobrou-chut.com
and update your bookmarks.

Hopefully see you there!!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Holesovice Farmers Market (Hala 22)

Living in the culinary desert that is Holešovice East, one high point of the area is the full-blown Farmers’ Market that takes place most weeks in and around Hala 22 of Pražská tržnice.


When I went last Saturday morning, the place was utterly packed, with Prague residents drawn in their multitudes by the variety of comparatively cheap fresh fruit and vegetables and other local produce. On my travels around the market, I found fresh home-made bread...


honey and preserves...



fruit and vegetables...



herbs and spices...



sausages and cheese (naturally by far the most popular stalls)...



flowers (OK, not strictly a food stuff, but still pretty)...


lebkuchen, strudel and coconut sweets...




and last but not least a combination of honey, slivovice and absinthe liqueurs.


Must admit I haven't been to any of the other larger farmers' markets on the outskirts of the city so don't know how this one compares, but still I did enjoy having a poke about here anyway. That said, by the time I'd fought my way through the crowds and queues to stock up on fresh fruit and veg, my feet were well and truly sore, and I was in dire need of refreshment myself (to be continued in next entry)...


No comments:

Post a Comment

:a   :b   :c   :d   :e   :f   :g   :h   :i   :j   :k   :l   :m   :n   :o   :p   :q   :r   :s   :t